Monday, March 9, 2009

2 posts today!

On Saturday I got to go to my first international wedding! Two friends from church had their wedding ceremony... In Korea most couples have their ceremony in a wedding hall which is very different than American weddings... These wedding halls are all over Korea... This one was above an outlet mall... It feel like speed wedding central... Couples book the room predecorated for one hour... The wedding starts right on time... Most traditions are the same... The brides' father walks her down the aisle.. Couples exchange vows and rings... Plus Koreans bow to both sets of parents and their guests... The bride wears a beautiful white dress just like American weddings but after the couple comes to the reception in traditional Korean Hanboks... The reception is much different than anything I had ever seen... After the ceremony guests go to a buffet room... All the different wedding guests from I'm guessing at least 3 weddings at a time are all sitting in the same room... The wedding party has their own little private room... The cake is cut with a huge sword during the ceremony so when the couple comes into the reception they go around to greet their guests and then they go to the wedding party room to eat... Pretty interesting... Anyways.. it was a great experience and I was really happy that I was invited... I hope I get to go to another one before I leave...









5 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow.. this is fabulous.. I am so happy for you to have such great expeiences while you are there working so hard... we love you dolly... send another pic of "honey". The one I had disappeared off the IM. xoxoxo
MOM

Unknown said...

Abby - Very interesting with beautiful pictures. Love, Bett

Esther said...

Those flowers look beautiful! It seems like a very nice wedding. Did you buy them a Korean blender as a wedding gift?

JazzyAbby said...

no.... no blender... Everyone in Korea gives cash in a card instead of a gift..

ryanswifey08 said...

you are slacking on the blogs!!!!